If you are in crisis, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or contact the Crisis Text Line by texting TALK to 741-741.
NJEA Teaching & Learning Symposium
October 14, 2017
Preregistration for the Symposium is required and may be accessed online at www.njea.org/tlsymposium along with a detailed description of each program.
Teaching for Social Justice – with Linda Christensen, Rethinking Schools / Oregon Writing Project
Program Topics (Choose one)
- Core Practices for Effective World Language Instruction
- Designing for Understanding in the ELA Classroom
- Designing for Understanding in the Math Classroom
- From Model Curriculum to Curricular Framework: Curriculum, Instruction, and Data
- Integrating Engineering in the Science Classroom for 6-12
- Literacy to Illuminate: Literacy Across the Content for 6-12
- Making Language Learning Essential in Your School Through Content and Inquiry
- Next Generation Science Standards: Connections for 3-5
- Practical Approaches for Educating Everybody’s Children
- Solution Civics: Understanding and Enhancing Civic Engagement
- Strategies for Supporting Students: The Ins and Outs of Dyslexia
- Writing and Rising Up: Teaching About Social Justice and the Power of the Written Word
Register early and save! Early-bird special (register by September 15)
$35 for NJEA members; $18 for NJSEA members
Regular registration (deadline is September 29)
$69 for NJEA members; $35 for NJSEA members
Upon the advice of our attornies, we have urged our members not to sign the district’s Technology Use Agreement. It creates a legally binding agreement. There has been no input sought from the RTEA and places sole responsibility on staff members for security. By not signing staff has been forbidden to use district’s technology. We hope that a collaborative process is used that helps to protect the interests of both staff and district moving forward.
Teachers around the country are being acknowledged for “Teacher Appreciation Week”. Not only do we thank the teachers, but our Educational Support Professionals, secretaries, and custodial/maintenance. Without us all working together, learning does not happen. We are proud to work with you day in and day out.
Thank you for ALL you do!
Brian Adams & Donna Zirkel
JOIN THE MEMBERS OF THE RTEA FOR A DUCK RACE! FOOD, FUN AND A DANCING DUCK WILL BE PROVIDED. EVENT IS OPEN TO ALL ROCKAWAY TOWNSHIP FAMILIES.
LAKE TELEMARK COMMUNITY CLUB
SATURDAY, JUNE 3RD AT 11 AM
HOW IT WORKS:
The Duck Race is a free event for Rockaway Township community. Families are encouraged to purchase chances on rubber ducks that will participate in the race. Individual duck numbers will be given to the purchaser. Ducks will be released into the water in a race to the beach. Prizes will be awarded to the families of the first three ducks to make it to the beach. All proceeds will help support the Rockaway Township Substance Abuse Alliance and the Rockaway Township Education Foundation
- Meet New Jersey’s 2017-2018 County Teachers of the YearThe post Meet New Jersey’s 2017-2018 County Teachers of the Year appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]