If you are in crisis, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or contact the Crisis Text Line by texting TALK to 741-741.
When: January 25th 6:30-9:00
Where: Copeland Middle School
Are there any redeeming values to modern technology?
Do you have concerns over teen use of technology?
How can you as a parent model effective use of technology?
Please join the Rockaway Township Education Associtaion as we present the award-winning SCREENAGERS movie to all Rockaway Township parents on January 25, 2018 at 6:30 pm. This movie probes into the vulnerable corners of family life, including the director’s own, and depicts messy struggles, over social media, video games, academics, and internet addiction.
Pizza and refreshments will be served.
Please consider joining us for an informative evening and continued conversations in our school community about the issues affecting us all.
Join the Rockaway Township Education Association for its 2nd Annual Pumpkin Fest. Each child registered will receive their very own pumpkin to decorate or carve. This is a family event, no drop offs please. Only those registered in advance will receive pumpkins.
Refreshments will be provided by the RTEA.
When: October 19, 2017
Where: Copeland Middle School in Rockaway
Register at: Eventbrite
NJEA Teaching & Learning Symposium
October 14, 2017
Preregistration for the Symposium is required and may be accessed online at www.njea.org/tlsymposium along with a detailed description of each program.
Teaching for Social Justice – with Linda Christensen, Rethinking Schools / Oregon Writing Project
Program Topics (Choose one)
- Core Practices for Effective World Language Instruction
- Designing for Understanding in the ELA Classroom
- Designing for Understanding in the Math Classroom
- From Model Curriculum to Curricular Framework: Curriculum, Instruction, and Data
- Integrating Engineering in the Science Classroom for 6-12
- Literacy to Illuminate: Literacy Across the Content for 6-12
- Making Language Learning Essential in Your School Through Content and Inquiry
- Next Generation Science Standards: Connections for 3-5
- Practical Approaches for Educating Everybody’s Children
- Solution Civics: Understanding and Enhancing Civic Engagement
- Strategies for Supporting Students: The Ins and Outs of Dyslexia
- Writing and Rising Up: Teaching About Social Justice and the Power of the Written Word
Register early and save! Early-bird special (register by September 15)
$35 for NJEA members; $18 for NJSEA members
Regular registration (deadline is September 29)
$69 for NJEA members; $35 for NJSEA members
- NJEA: Latest school shooting demands action“Epidemic of gun violence against children must stop” NJEA members reacted with sadness and anger today as reports emerged of a mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. NJEA President Marie Blistan released this statement: “We mourn today with the families and loved ones of those killed in today’s horrific shooting […] The […]