If you are in crisis, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or contact the Crisis Text Line by texting TALK to 741-741.
Join the Rockaway Township Education Association for its 2nd Annual Pumpkin Fest. Each child registered will receive their very own pumpkin to decorate or carve. This is a family event, no drop offs please. Only those registered in advance will receive pumpkins.
Refreshments will be provided by the RTEA.
When: October 19, 2017
Where: Copeland Middle School in Rockaway
Register at: Eventbrite
NJEA Teaching & Learning Symposium
October 14, 2017
Preregistration for the Symposium is required and may be accessed online at www.njea.org/tlsymposium along with a detailed description of each program.
Teaching for Social Justice – with Linda Christensen, Rethinking Schools / Oregon Writing Project
Program Topics (Choose one)
- Core Practices for Effective World Language Instruction
- Designing for Understanding in the ELA Classroom
- Designing for Understanding in the Math Classroom
- From Model Curriculum to Curricular Framework: Curriculum, Instruction, and Data
- Integrating Engineering in the Science Classroom for 6-12
- Literacy to Illuminate: Literacy Across the Content for 6-12
- Making Language Learning Essential in Your School Through Content and Inquiry
- Next Generation Science Standards: Connections for 3-5
- Practical Approaches for Educating Everybody’s Children
- Solution Civics: Understanding and Enhancing Civic Engagement
- Strategies for Supporting Students: The Ins and Outs of Dyslexia
- Writing and Rising Up: Teaching About Social Justice and the Power of the Written Word
Register early and save! Early-bird special (register by September 15)
$35 for NJEA members; $18 for NJSEA members
Regular registration (deadline is September 29)
$69 for NJEA members; $35 for NJSEA members
Upon the advice of our attornies, we have urged our members not to sign the district’s Technology Use Agreement. It creates a legally binding agreement. There has been no input sought from the RTEA and places sole responsibility on staff members for security. By not signing staff has been forbidden to use district’s technology. We hope that a collaborative process is used that helps to protect the interests of both staff and district moving forward.
Teachers around the country are being acknowledged for “Teacher Appreciation Week”. Not only do we thank the teachers, but our Educational Support Professionals, secretaries, and custodial/maintenance. Without us all working together, learning does not happen. We are proud to work with you day in and day out.
Thank you for ALL you do!
Brian Adams & Donna Zirkel
- Understanding the SEHBP rate increaseProtecting quality, seeking efficiency On January 1, 2018, the School Employees Health Benefits Program (SEHBP) will begin a new plan year. There are no plan design changes or reductions in plan quality for 2018; you may keep your exact same plan if you wish, or you can change to a new plan during open enrollment […] The post Understanding the SEHBP rate in […]