On Wednesday, September 28, Rockaway Township EA Pride Committee welcomed Dr. Matt Bellace to Morris Hills High School. Matt is a motivational speaker, comedian and psychologist. He discussed his ideas on creating a natural high rather than relying on drugs and alcohol. The event was sponsored Municipal Alliance as well as our association, in conjunction with the Education Associations of Denville, Morris Hills, Rockaway Borough and Wharton. Dr. Bellace will be appearing at Copeland Middle School in October.
RTEA is sponsoring:
Getting High Naturally – September 28th @ Morris Hills
A positive, science-based and seriously entertaining approach to substance abuse prevention. http://www.mattbellace.com
I made $250 this summer getting healthy. Make sure you take advantage of this opportunity. I know it is a little late in the game for this session, but you can still make the first reward easily by this sessions ending. And you can start the program fresh come November 1st. The steps are easy and listed below:
- Login to your HBCBS account: https://secure.horizonblue.com/member/web/secure/members
- Within “Tools and Resources” click “My Health Manager”
- Click “Get Rewarded”
- And you will see the page below for your own account.
Do as many or as few activities as you would like. Notice the reward values below. I must sound like a salesman so far, but this is money on the table for our members. Please go and get what is yours, and get healthier doing it.
2016 NJWELL SHBP/SEHBP Rewards Program for Active Employees
NJWELL is focused on helping you to achieve optimal health by participating in healthy activities in
Year 3 (11/1/15 – 10/31/16). Staying current on your preventive health screenings and participating in online activities and personal wellness coaching can have a big impact on maintaining or improving your health and reaching your goals.
Complete Your Biometric Screening with your physician or at an onsite event to earn 100 points. This is a required activity for all participants.
Complete Your Online Health Assessment to earn 100 points. This is a required activity for all participants.
Complete Additional Screenings & Activities to earn more points. Click the Keep Earning button in the menu below to find additional ways to earn more points.
Point levels and reward values are as follows:
- 400-525 points earns an initial $125 reward card.
- 550-700 points in total earns a second reward in the amount of $50 at year end.
- 725+ points in total earns a second reward card in the amount of $125 at year end.
That’s a possible $250 in rewards, in total, in Year 3 based on your total points earned by October 31, 2016 — all for participating in wellness activities and Working for a Healthy New Jersey!
John E. Titus III is an Association Representative at Copeland Middle School.
Help the RTEA on September 25, 2016 as we raise funds needed to host an event to educate and advocate against alcohol and drug abuse. The event will be geared toward the communities of Wharton, Rockaway Township, Rockaway Borough and Denville. The run will take place at the Alfred MacKinnon Middle School located at 137 E. Central Ave., Wharton, NJ 07885. More information can be found at http://www.alliance5krun.com/.
- TAKE ACTION: Bill attacking collective bargaining moves through key committeeA-1851 (sponsored by Lampitt, Coughlin), which attacks collective bargaining by capping payments for unused sick leave, sailed unanimously through the Assembly State and Local Government Committee on Wednesday. Contact your member of the Assembly below and tell them to OPPOSE A-1851! This is a direct attack on collective bargaining! The post TAKE ACTION: Bil […]